Phillips 66 Master Index
About the Author
Hugh Pickens (Po-Hi '67) is a physicist who has explored for oil in the Amazon jungle, crossed the empty quarter of Saudi Arabia, and built satellite control stations for Goddard Space Flight Center all over the world. Retired in 1999, Pickens and his wife moved from Baltimore back to his hometown of Ponca City, Oklahoma in 2005 where he cultivates his square foot garden, mows nine acres of lawn, writes about local history and photographs events at the Poncan Theatre and Ponca Playhouse.
Since 2001 Pickens has edited and published “Peace Corps Online,” serving over one million monthly pageviews. His other writing includes contributing over 1,500 stories to “Slashdot: News for Nerds,” and articles for Wikipedia, “Ponca City, We Love You”, and Peace Corps Worldwide.
Articles about Ponca City
- The Pioneer Woman Models Should Return to Ponca City July 13, 2007
- The Pioneer Woman Models Come Home to Ponca City February 26, 2010
- President Barack Obama's Mother Grew Up in Ponca City February 6, 2009
- Standing Bear Looks to the Future
- What to See in Ponca City
- Ponca Playhouse to Present "The Broken Statue" January 17, 2012
- What Ponca City Owes EW Marland June 20, 2012
- How Much Money Does the Marland Refinery in Ponca City Earn for Phillips 66? July 23, 2012
- EW Marland and the Movie "The Ends of the Earth" May 23, 2013
- An Independent Evaluation of Phillips 66, its Business Strategy, and Execution
- Jon Carson is Head of Obama's "Organizing for Action"
- Academy Award Winner Chris Terrio Writes Screenplay about E.W. Marland
- Building NASA's NASA's GRO Remote Terminal System (GRTS) in Australia
- America's Fresh Water Submarines in World War II
- Peace Corps Director Aaron Williams
- The Peace Corps "Sharp Incident" in Kazakhstan
- Why I enjoy Writing for Slashdot
- Why I enjoy Writing for Wikipedia
- Death Be Not Proud
- My Favorite Christmas
- A Victorian Mansion in Baltimore's Reservoir Hill
- Senate Foreign Relations Committee Hearing on the Nominee for Peace Corps Director
Updates to the Web Site
This web page is frequently updated so check back periodically to see the latest information or subscribe to the rss feed for this article. If you have any information or insights that you would like to see added to this report please contact Hugh Pickens by email at hughpickens AT gmail DOT com.
The material in this article is licensed under under the Creative Commons under an Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.0 Generic license. Except for short, fair use excerpts, the material on this article cannot be used for commercial purposes without permission of Hugh Pickens. Attribution for use of any material from this article must be provided to Hugh Pickens and if used on the web a link must be provided to http://hughpickens.com.